View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012   #9
scottfab

Default Re: Running rough/missing (94 ZR1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Thanks, scottfab. Looks like a great article and we'll definitely study it in detail before attempting the bolt removal (I jest and make light of what I fully expect to be pretty involved job... only joking, and I have great respect for those who have done this successfully and am appreciative of those who are willing to share the expertise they've gained).

With any luck it won't come to a plenum pull this time... would love to own the car for more than two months and go through more than 2 tanks of fuel before we have to do something like that!

It's actually pretty painless. However, there are a few things to be careful of. Personally I got tired of replacing the gaskets. I mean you can gingerly remove it a few times and reuse but...... if they get damaged there you go. A bit more $ gone. I eventually just cut some out of black rubber in 1hr. Works great and NEVER sticks
I reuse, reuse then reuse again.

Remember it's not if you have to get under there, It's when. Don't do it until you have new gaskets ready OR willing to cut some.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote