View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017   #15
Patriot Dude

Default Re: New member, former C5 Z06 owner, considering a ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
yes they are down but not as bad as the zr1. you can expect to pay 20-25k for a nice z06.. if properly modded more. trust me, there is not a 5k mile c5 z06 selling at 21k... a car with that mileage would go over 30k easy. all corvettes are down. I saw a 2009 zr1 in the high 40's! but nothing is tanking like the zr1.
Thanks Ed for the advice in your earlier post. I'm not a drag or street racing guy and I'd be perfectly fine with a stock ZR-1, it would be no slouch I suspect but the stock power delivery probably isn't as hard hitting as aC5 Z06 but perhaps has a little more up top and a longer power band. I'm certainly no expert. I think the weight and gearing is probably what helps the Z06 the most.

The values are tough to pin down. I sold my 03 Z06 with 15k miles for $26,000, I was the 2nd owner and it was extremely mint, I paid 27k three years ago with only 14k miles. I lost nearly nothing other than a set of tires and my taxes.

Because the ZR-1 cost so much more relative to a C5 Z06, I think they seem to be undervalued even more. A very low mile C5 Z06 sells for about 1/2 of it's new price, it seems like the ZR-1 sells for around 1/3rd and that is without adjusting for inflation.

I'm hijacking my own thread talking about car values, they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay and I guess that sums it up, but I would expect the ZR-1 to be worth more in the eyes of car collectors.

Thanks to all of you for your welcoming and hopefully I can get a chance to check out some of your cars and learn more about the ZR-1. I really need to sit in one and see what the interior is like, etc. I thought my C5 seemed big.

Last edited by Patriot Dude; 03-09-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Patriot Dude is offline   Reply With Quote