View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014   #10
mgg

Default Re: Fascinating F1 power technology

My reply was not to dispute the technical difficulty in driving F1 or even comparing it to IRL racing. There is no argument that can change the fact the F1 is THE most technological racing on the planet. My post was to state the I really miss the engine sounds of previous F1 cars. I don't think there will be many to debate that. I will clearly state that I am no fan of NASCAR but I also know that it takes a great deal of skill to drive at that level and to be successful. Each series requires a different skill set and I respect them all but my preference is sports car racing. I actually prefer non professional motor sports as I can relate to the car and drivers much better. Having raced in SCCA & NASA for over 15 years I have a true appreciation for guys buying their own tires , brakes etc. Not to get off course , but I suppose we will have to agree to disagree regarding the new powerplants. I guess you can label me a relic but it is my preference for the engines to remain petrol powered. I am not disputing the obvious technological advances but I cannot imagine going to a race track and watching a bunch of noiseless race cars running around. The delta wing is bad enough. Now please do not think that I am opposed to the technological advancement in motorsports. My hero is Jim Hall who truly is the father of aero. HAving a HUGE splitter and under tray as well as a 72" wing /14"chord on my race car I can attest to the advantages of aero.
I just want to make sure the engines keep making their beautiful music. Not silence.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote