Thread: NCRS judging
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013   #12
edram454

Default Re: NCRS judging

Having been a NCRS member for a number of years, I find it impossible to own a NCRS car and drive it. I am not a guy who drives the heck out of my corvettes but even a little will eventually deteriorate those unreplaceable parts.

One year I studied and practically memorized the 1968, 1969 Judging manual. I wrote to them asking to be tested to judge or helping out on these years. I had a 1969 so I knew the car 100%. They never replied so I would go to shows and see what they would do and how they would judge. One year, when the NCRS winter meet was in cypress gardens, I came across a 1969 350/300 hp without a air pump. the judges were gigging the owner because his car lacked a smog pump... they didnt know that near the end of the production run, if your car was a 350/300hp automatic with air, the factory omitted the smog pump and you can tell since the exhaust manifolds did not have the holes for the a.i.r. system. I knew then that I had more knowledge than the judges.

I then steered away from those types of shows and concentrated more on well detailed but nice driving cars. I prefer modded since they run so much better. Drive your cars. It doesnt have to be alot but enjoy while you are still able to enjoy the ride. I am 55 and soon will be 65 etc... drive it. You wont live forever. remember, the car you painstakingly save, will one day, when you are gone, be in the hands of a tennager doing donuts with it.

edramos. #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote