Thread: NCRS judging
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014   #14
XfireZ51

Default Re: NCRS judging

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
Having been a NCRS member for a number of years, I find it impossible to own a NCRS car and drive it. I am not a guy who drives the heck out of my corvettes but even a little will eventually deteriorate those unreplaceable parts.

One year I studied and practically memorized the 1968, 1969 Judging manual. I wrote to them asking to be tested to judge or helping out on these years. I had a 1969 so I knew the car 100%. They never replied so I would go to shows and see what they would do and how they would judge. One year, when the NCRS winter meet was in cypress gardens, I came across a 1969 350/300 hp without a air pump. the judges were gigging the owner because his car lacked a smog pump... they didnt know that near the end of the production run, if your car was a 350/300hp automatic with air, the factory omitted the smog pump and you can tell since the exhaust manifolds did not have the holes for the a.i.r. system. I knew then that I had more knowledge than the judges.

I then steered away from those types of shows and concentrated more on well detailed but nice driving cars. I prefer modded since they run so much better. Drive your cars. It doesnt have to be alot but enjoy while you are still able to enjoy the ride. I am 55 and soon will be 65 etc... drive it. You wont live forever. remember, the car you painstakingly save, will one day, when you are gone, be in the hands of a tennager doing donuts with it.

edramos. #3028
Ed,

I worked in a GM Assembly plant for 6 years. One of my assignments was in Material Inventory Control. My responsibility was tires, radiators, A/C., Ignition.
My job was to keep the line running. Whatever it took. If we ran out of parts we subd. So cars were built with "incorrect" parts from other compatible models.
Does NCRS consider this. Doubtful.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote