Thread: NCRS judging
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #15
taximan

Default Re: NCRS judging

The very knowledgeable NCRS people (and their are many), and the knowledgeable and practical "NCRS people", are a different category.

I think if people take a deep breath and realize that the judges are supposed to judge on what was "typical" factory production. That doesnt mean factory abnormalities didnt occur. And if they can be proved, the judges usually give the owner the benefit of the doubt. They really do want people to enjoy the hobby, and maybe learn more about their car.

I am always reminded of the day in August of 1991 when I was waiting in line at Corvettes at Carlisle to get a Zora autograph on my hat. In the line signing also was a St. Louis factory worker named "Ernie". Ernie was signing next to Zora. At the same time the Delaware Valley NCRS was hosting a regional judging meet next to the tent. While waiting in the line someone asked Ernie about observing the judging going on next to him. Ernie laughed and said, NO thanks, I tried that, but when I saw judges deducting for screws with the wrong letter on top, I had to leave. Ernie went on to say that in 1962, the last year of the C1, he and others made frequent runs to the local hardware store to get any screws and bolts that they could, because this was the last run of the 1962 Corvette. And he said quality control didnt exist then.
1995 "Last" Admiral Blue ZR1 #438
Member # 760
NCM Lifetime member #1005
NCRS # 23110

[I][B]Sting Rays Corvette Club of Florida
Gold Coast Corvettes Club[/B][/I]
taximan is offline   Reply With Quote