View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014   #1
Schrade

Default Sagging headliner ... (snappics)

edit
Procedure for removeable Glasstop screen begins @ post # 46.

AND BE CAREFUL OF WHAT CHEMICAL COMPOUNDS YOU APPLY TO THE FOAM BOARD. Some compounds, even water-based, can generate heat enough to affect the foam board, and make it 'curl up', and force you to re-start the job.

Test the stuff that you decide to use, on the cutaway foam scrap. Maybe allow at least 24 hours to test.

The felt adhesive that I used on the Painted top did not curl the foam. Still test it on your own scrap tho'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did this a few years ago, and put in new felt (PO was a smoker, and a ), and I had school logo embossed onto new felt.

I have additional headliners with the C4 logo embossed; send a PM at me here...

Old headliner / pad removal:

I put a butter knife to the edge, CENTER or the rear, to get under it. Make sure to hold the knife flat on the edge, to not scratch...

Then you can get a hand in.

Once you get under the edge, ya' gotta' pull the fabric off of the panel with your fingers. Don't try to pull it by the edge of the foam board - it will break up.

Wear long sleeves!

Go all the way around the edge, then work toward the center.

(at this point, the edge DID break, and I had to go around the other way)

Lifted. Lots of glue at the center.

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 10-14-2014 at 12:41 PM.