View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017   #23
WARP TEN

Default Re: And you think ZR-1 prices are down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Thanks for the info. It got so I didn't trust the car & I won't have my wife out in an unreliable car.
She now has a Lincoln MKS with eco-boost. Great car with lots of nice & useful options + very comfortable.
We had a Lexus SC400 many years ago. Loved it until some of the lights in the center console went out. $1800 for new panel or $1400 for rebuilt. Dumped it too.
I won't own another foreign car, certainly not out of warranty. Getting bad enough with domestic vehicles when shop rates are $135/hr.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Local BMW dealer rates are $170/hr. And not owning a foreign car out of warranty is a good idea. Even my good friend and used car manager at a local BMW dealer tells me not to buy a used one. Mine is well out (4 years regular+2 years Certified) but I haven't had any major work needed. I am tempted to get a new one just for the warranty but my wife won't let me. She thinks that a ten year old car is just fine for me. And after owning a couple of now 20 year old cars, it's hard to argue with her. Oh, well.--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 06-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote