View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016   #9
Vette73

Default Re: Polish and wax for a black Z...Any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
Vette73 -
I'm sure it does look great. I've had two black Vettes. They look nice in the evening, especially. In the direct sun light, about any darker color shows swirls, too.

Clay barring is highly recommended for any places a person wants to use a buffer on. It removes the impurities that one cannot see with the naked eye after a wash. Otherwise, one will buff those impurities (dust, micro grit, etc.) into the clearcoat, creating more problems.

Maybe just wash, clay bar the hood, and then buff? If so, I'd use the Adam's Paint Correcting Polish. (I have no association with the product nor company.) You might be amazed simply after doing that. I was. Especially since in the past I've used the dusty products -- they do well, but take extra time on clean up as dust gets all over the place. With the dustless products, when wiping them off with a microfiber towel, one asks: Where did all of that stuff go?

Hey thanks for the tip.....I will give it a shot....I will at least give the hood a going over with the clay bar.....This time of year is a good time to do this...No humidity and a lot of fresh air...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote