View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017   #23
G-Sting

Default Re: Working on the 74.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Thanks for the kind words G-Sting, they are appreciated.....
Watched the video and read the thread, what a trip.....a great time, except for the one health issue.

My 74 has been apart going on 9 years this Dec. Should have it on the ground soon, and then the engine work continues. Just want to make sure I check everything twice....lol and install it all correctly. A few more parts to purchase and still more to be refinished. Mostly nuts, bolts and small parts.

Post some pics of your 79, I always enjoy looking at all C3's and one with a L82 4spd. I had a chance to purchase a Black 79 4spd years ago, can't remember if it had the L82 or not. And I can't remember why I didn't buy it.....must be the age.....lol

Still have work to do on the 82, but it is inspected and drives just fine, even though a lot of the interior is still out of the car....lol The CFI is very reliable and now has about 140,000 + miles on it. Starts up everytime....

I know the feeling about the C3 styling, believe me!!! I have owned more C3's than any other generation. There is just something about them!!!
Tom, 9 years is a labor of love for sure. I do understand all the 'checking it twice,' as well as refinishing even the nuts and bolts. Checking it twice has required a lot of digital photos before taking anything apart, since (as you know) the books on these things are inadequate. Pics have been invaluable in getting it back together.

Nice that '74 is a big block. Bet you can't wait to get it in and running!

At least your '82 is reliable and keeps you enjoying the C-3.

I'll post a pic here of the '79. It's stock with only a new Corvette Central dual exhaust system, and then appropriately tuned, 15k original miles. Peppy, torquey and fun. Of course, nothing like the Z. I'll try to add a few more over time...

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote