View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017   #14
S.hafsmo

Default Re: 90 ZR-1 #2273 - To be rescued

Not much to do at work today, so I figured I'd update my little project.
My main plan for my previous 6 weeks at home was mainly to get the car approved, so I could get my licence plate, or at least know what needed to be done to get the approval. No such luck, though.

All I had intended to do before the vehicle inspection was to color match the rear calipers with the fronts, in an attempt to make it less obvious that the fronts aren't stock.

Got these re-manufactured ones from Muskegon Brakes, and must say they looked rather decent upon arrival.

While waiting for the caliper bracket paint to dry I figured I'd have a look at the passenger seat. The new seat covers are from Corvette America and seems to be of rather decent quality. I replaced only the leather on the passenger side, and both leather, lumbar support and foam on the drivers side. The foam had a good shape compared to the old one, but the internal metal rods weren't always where one hoped they would be, and if they're only off by 1/2", that can call for some improv underway to compensate. The driver side bolster support hinge was also rather loose, so I drilled out the old hinge rivets, and pressed in new 5mm stainless rivets. Side bolster foam is also the only part that's glued to the frame.
Slightly disappointed that the stitching was not white like the original seats, but I'll live with it.

A word of advice, the "Seat installation kit" does not include enough hog rings for two seats. Need 75-100 more to complete both. Not all metal rods are included either, so don't discard the old ones.

And of course with the seat out, the center console became readily available. So I dismantled it. Not really to impressed with the parts I got from CorvetteCentral though. The new arm rest was rather decent, but I had to take the cover underneath from the old unit, to preserve the OEM stickers. I also took the light/switch assembly from the old unit, as the new one was of a different, rather noisy type.

The belly of the arm rests.

New type light w. switch.

Last edited by S.hafsmo; 03-09-2017 at 05:01 PM.
S.hafsmo is offline   Reply With Quote