View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020   #19
ram_g

Default 2 steps forward, 1 step back

Had the new Michelins installed at Discount Tire yesterday. What a difference compared to the Nittos! Finally I can appreciate the "smoothness" that the ZR-1 is known for!

I had a good feel that the Michelins would be better just as they were balancing them. The Nittos needed these massive weights to achieve balance but the Michelins just needed very small ones - in fact one tire needed no weights at all. Quite remarkable, and goes to support the quality control aspect I'd mentioned previously.

So what's the problem? Near my neighborhood we have some really crappy roads with sharp undulating dips - not potholes, but 50mph dips that give the suspension travel on any car a real workout. I was hearing some new "scrape sounds" that I think is a bit of interference between the 335 width rear tires and the fender lip. I can see a small bit of paint rubbed off on the driver side and indeed the driver side rear fender lip seems 1/2" lower than the passenger side. I will need to investigate the whole ride height issue further.
ram_g is offline   Reply With Quote