View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014   #13
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: NOS ZR-1 IR blocker windshields

Much as I'd like a "Z" windshield, for $280 installed, Safelite put a base mo. (L98) in a black Z in Marc's shop. Until then, I really hadn't noticed how nasty my original "Z" windshield - even tho the delam was only about 1-1/2 or so wide, looks in comparison.

Apparently, the delam (or something!) is affecting how my entire Z windshield actually looks (besides the cracks, that is ). That new windshield was strikingly beautiful! It was the clarity that I noticed right away; so crystal clear throughout with a perfect factory like tint that ran evenly all the way to the edges of the glass...Imagine that!

Even if $$ wasn't tight, (restoring the nose and painting the whole car) after seeing that "new" windshield at Marc's (Scottfab forgive me) I wouldn't have any qualms about going with a standard windshield. I'd avoid the possibility of future delam starting all over again - there was that much difference in appearance - and not have a heart attack when a rock "snapped" the glass while driving down the road.

Assuming I have her all put back together in time for BG, y'all can have a look and you can be the judge.

Just a thought.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote