View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014   #76
rhipsher

Default Re: 4.10 gears...not what I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgg View Post
I have read most of these post and it is a fascinating discussion. The one thing that no one has brought up is how does the single mass fly wheel affect al of this. I have a 90 ZR-1 with Marc's 510 hp package. I also installed 4:10s a few years ago. With the single mass flywheel getting to the torque curve and Hp sweet spot much more quickly I am curious how this would impact the discussion. Personally I really like the 4:10s. I only drag race once or twice a year. I don't own drag radials so trying to hook the car is just about pointless from a dead stop but it does pretty well from even a first gear roll. I am curious what the opinion is on how a single mass fly wheel would impact this discussion. I can tell that I am thrilled with the result of Marcs 510 package the gears etc. The car now has some "edge " to it and makes it really fun to drive. I know it will take some drag radials to take advantage of the launch but I 1/4 racing was not the biggest priority in purchasing one of these cars.
I did. Look at post number 5.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote