View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #19
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Alternator Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Thanks Craig,
Your ears may have been burning over the last couple of weeks. Steve & I have talked and your name came up several times. He's fortunate to have you to consult. Steve is a real ZR-1 enthusiast and fun to chat with. I appreciate your confidence & referral Craig.... Thank you.

We were on the North Shore from Jan10~20, our annual visit. Sitting at Sharks Cove one Sunday morning having breakfast and saw a lot of really nice cars go by, from 30's hot rods, bucket T's to a new ZL-1 Camaro. What better place to go cruizin' although it would be hard to find a place to stretch the legs of a ZR-1.
You're welcome and thanks Jerry. Steve is actually a long time friend of my brother and such a great guy. I was surprised when he said he wanted a ZR-1 since he already has 2 C5s and a Anniversary Ruby C4. I have actually never met him, but looking forward to it when I get back.

Yes, Hawaii does have a lot of nice cars hidden in garages, car ports and under tarps and surprised me too on Cruise Nights or otherwise. You're right about the space to stretch the legs of performance cars and too easy to get caught with no where to run. There are a few spots that some know about that will let you do to at least 160 MPH and that is about it. Maybe that is why in the old days only 1/4 cars were built for short runs; if they bring a race track back on Oahu it will probably only be a 1/8 mile track. Take care and hope to run into you one day on the island during your visits. Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote