View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024   #21
Dynomite

Default Re: Stranded on a road trip, '90 ZR-1, no crank

These type of issues that are often electrical and intermittent on a 30 year old car can be fixed but often the solution is not specifically identified. The solution takes a lot of patience and often is trial and error (mostly error)

I have run into a couple examples .......one a water pump impeller spinning on the shaft (mechanical) and another as follows which was electrical.......

Post 244 - INJ1 Fuse Keeps Blowing

One solution I never tried was to remove the fuse in line and see what smokes....But that could be costly

I actually picked up the 95' ZR1 500 miles away and it functioned fine all the way to my garage.......then a few weeks later the INJ1 fuse issue started 1/2 mile down the road from my garage

Keep us posted in this thread and sooner or later one of us will offer the fix among many fixes offered and in the end we will not know exactly what the real fix was or how long the fix will last

I have one of those electrical issues taking place on a 90' ZR1 now involving the tachometer quitting intermittently.....nothing else on the ZR1 is negatively affected or inffected........

Last edited by Dynomite; 03-31-2024 at 03:06 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote