View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014   #42
WARP TEN

Default Re: Revised dates POLL: Mercury Marine visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
It has been a tremendous aid to the Mountain Runs for every car to have a FRS radio aboard: someone makes a wrong turn, unexpected road blocks, etc. For those that have one, may I suggest you bring it, have it charged up, and tuned to Channel 5 sub chan. 3 (initially).

If you don't have such, and are thinking about getting some, now would be a good time. Radio Shack has them, and I recommend the Motorola "Talkabout" FRS radios which seem to be readily available there, and seem to work better than some (as we found out last spring).

Just a thought!

On another note: Are the routes we'll be taking toll roads? Specifically, I have an IL "I-PASS" transponder for local roads, but IF we cross through some toll road segments in WI, with "I-PASS" work in WI, assuming we even cross such roads in WI??

See everybody on Friday!
Just the Illinois roads are tolls. Dom has my cell number and I have his but no other radio. Used to carry a CB on long trips but don't any more. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote