View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #46
rkreigh

Default Re: Raptor and Henderson Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHanselman View Post
Sure...

The goal was pretty simple. Provide an updated Plug and Play replacement ECM for all year C4 ZR-1's but with a twist...

1. Compatible with all Systems and Subsystems
2. Compatible with all current sensors
3. Incorporate all the newest technologies
4. Hi resolution, support Boost control, NOS, Meth Inj, COP, CNP, WBO2 and internal data logging
5. NO modifications to the current engine harness (excluding COP/CNP of course...)
6. Incorporate all technologies that the Mega Squirt System already supports
7. Common interface for tuning with USB connectivity

We are on track for all of this and I'm sure the Mega Squirt Guys will surprise me with even more. The car was to be run with the prototype last week however I didn't get my Friday end ow week report. First time they missed a report but the prior reports have been promising...

I hope to have the first 10 production pieces mid next month.

Cheers,
Ron
the megasquirt is a great system. I have a suggestion. why not use the factory ecm, and just use the megasquirt with a wideband o2 sensor to control the secondaries. that way a nice big injector could be used on just the secondaries for boost with the nice part throttle characteristics of the factor tune.

I think the secondary injectors could be triggered via boost sensing, and integrated with the the factory tune with a bit less trouble by just using the megasquirt for WOT/under boost. LPE did this with the LINC computer on the TT cars and it seems to work very well and is less complicated.

worth a thought. taking the "secondaries away" from the stock ecm is ez enough, and a bit of fiddling with the factory calibration plus the nice tuning available from the megsquirt might make this combo work well with less trouble

see what corey thinks.

another option is just having the megasquirt run the fueling. by keeping the factory wiring and sensors, and sensors for the factory ecm and driving all the gauges and maybe just tapping into the TPS signal for the megsquirt speed density tune. the factory ecm would still control the spark timing via the memcal.

seems like full integration of the megasquirt with all the GM stuff might be the big challenge here.

as long as you give the LT5 what it wants in terms of spark and fuel tables at various loads, it won't know what's feeding it

Last edited by rkreigh; 01-22-2013 at 06:58 PM.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote