View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016   #8
Birddogtwo

Default Re: First car show and just huh.......

Guys,
I feel your pain, while I don't drive a ZR1 just a muggle (96 CE) I would agree that people don't understand the ZR!. I have to confess I was perfectly happy with my stock LT4 until I ran with the bad boys on Mountain Run 4. I didn't really understand what special cars the ZR1s are. And I consider myself a Vette guy.
Any C4 including Zs or maybe especially Zs are underrated, under valued and misunderstood. . I would suggest you get story boards that not only have pictures but give a little history of the cars. At car shows, people are always fascinated with a little information. In a popular vote I think that would help be remembered.
Yesterday I was in a Corvettes only car show and due to the questionable weather only 1/2 as many of the usual 300 cars were judged. I had a build sheet and the brochure for my car on the dash. I was amazed at the number of people who walked by then stopped and read the information then walked around the car looking at it.
And really, I'm sure that on your way home from any Corvette event when you get on it a little bit it still gives you that uneraseable grin trophy or not.
Save the wave!
Dave
Birddogtwo is offline   Reply With Quote