View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024   #17
rufcar

Default Re: A question for the longtime owners.

I acquired my 90 Z this time last year on a whim. I, like others here, have had a lot of cars 101 last count. I have been restoring them a long time but more so since retirement in 2010 (I'm 74) When I get 10 -12 cars or not driving them then they go. Last spring I sold 3. Then won best in show at our national Rolls meet and immediately sold the Bentley. I bought a 65 GTO I'm finishing and the 90 ZR-1. It had many upgrades 100 more HP a zf doc gear box and the owner was a GM wrench, so everything was new. I fixed the a/c and went back to r12. repaired the frame sensors painted both bumpers found all the missing items including a NOS set of salad spinners and waiting for that special windshield to make it 100%. I have driven it appox 1500 miles or more since last spring and love it as its just darn cool and different. In the collection I have an 08 Z06 Wil Cooksey and an all original 427 66 4 speed with most every option. I am now jonesin for a 2019 Zr-1 and either the z06 or the 66 will go as it will again be to many cars but the 90zr1 will stay. I do not like the center engine cars. at 180 lbs and 6ft tall i do not fit comfortably. I have a good pal who recently bought a new z06. He told me the other day he just does not like it. Though he did buy a 2019 ZR1 with 1100 hp and loves that along with his huge collection of vetts.
I guess it just a personal thing like women, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
rufcar is offline   Reply With Quote