View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022   #2
secondchance

Default Re: Track cooling recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by high school goat View Post
I am currently refreshing my '90 with a full under plenum service including injectors and coils, I have also deleted the secondary system and removed the associated hardware and vacuum lines.

My plans with the car are to be a street/autocross car with some HPDE mixed in. I have a new 2 inch DeWitt radiator as well as one of Pete's underdrive water pump pulleys. I know the bypass system posses a problem with sustained time past approximately 6k rpm. I have searched and found mixed answers in posts about other options for helping keep the car cool for the occasional 20 minute HPDE sessions. Any help or links would be appreciated.
Best thing i ever did to keep my 94 Z cool was to go to DeWitt dual core, Spal fans and 200 amp alternator to keep Spal fans running. I know some believe OEM fans push as much air as Spal fans but I respectfully disagree based on my experience.
Marc's reprogrammed chip to have fans come on at lower temp and one 1/8" hole drilled on the thermostat flange are both vital to keep coolant temp down.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote