View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017   #7
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: New ZR1 owner experience.

Frank is so right! That LT5 just wants to BREATHE! Porting and headers don't alter the appearance or the drivability at all. But, what a difference 500+ hp makes...while keeping a stock idle to boot!

Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD OF THE BEAST!

Sport bikes...AH, Yessss... My thrill was my first ZX-11 Ninja. What a RUSH!

My fastest sprint was a little over 150. A I was in the right lane (freeway) when a guy on a GSX came up beside me in the left lane, looked over at me and nodded and then nailed it. Traffic was cruising at 70 ish in my lane. Wellll..... Of course I couldn't let that stand, so, "click-click" & twist of the wrist and OH-BABY, OH-BABY, OH-BABY!! There's nuttin' like the sound or the rush produced by an angry liter bike!!

My helmet was was buffeting and sliding about on my head when I looked down at the speedo. The tack was still climbing and the Ninja wanted to play some more, but finally some common sense reminded me I was sharing the road with cars - and if one pulled out ahead of me to pass, I'd splatter like a bug - on the rear bumper!

Regrettably... hard times hit and I had to sell that bike. But, like you, the rush came back on my first pass in the 1/4 mile event with the Z. And the permagrin has never left me in the 10 years since!

BTW... Are you doing anything the week of May 14th? A group of us are going on the 5th Mountain Run (MR5) that starts Sunday night at the drivers meeting in Blowing Rock, NC. the next 2 days are filled with some spirited drives through some twisty mountain roads before heading over to Bowling Green, KY for the annual C4 Corvette Gathering - which is going to feature some track events, some go-carts, some guided tours through the local mountains (fun!). And, some good ol comradery too!

Hope you can make it!

Paul.

PS: For more info, look at the MR5 threads and or PM GUNNY if you have more questions.

Welcome!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 04-27-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote