View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015   #17
ZR1North

Default Re: Spoiler and Diffuser

Good timing, David. I had discussions with American Hydrocarbon earlier this week; they have the rights to produce the Italian-made unit that appears on the copper car on 1st pg of this thread. They are not interested in producing either a wider ZR-1 version of that unit or a taller, "unnotched center" version (I am not particularly fond of the notch in the center, so I inquired). I've done a search for an "off-the-shelf" product similar to what GS977 did, but I've not found anything close. The GTO spoiler is somewhat similar but personally, I prefer the look of the spoiler "sitting on top of the rear (bumper cover)" to the "wrap around the quarter panel" look.

I was about to make enquiries to custom fab shops to determine the art of the possible - perhaps a group buy might be in order if we could agree on specs. I did a real rough mock up with cardboard last weekend, and I believe a tastefully-designed (taste being personal) rear spoiler is the one thing one can do to enhance the lines on the later C4s; it seems to address that short look that, in some peoples' eyes, gives the rear of the Cs 5 and 6 a more attractive stance when viewed directly from behind.

I'll post any updates here. In the meantime, any and all leads would be welcome.
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote