View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017   #31
rush91

Default Re: New member, former C5 Z06 owner, considering a ZR-1

One thing I have learned, is you can't compare different generation cars. You just can't. If GM would of continued the LT5 program into the C5, our C4 LT5s would be looked at as the beginning. The C5 LT5s would be more refined, more efficient and better performers. But we know history and that wasn't the case.....So for me when I see debates about this, it makes no sense. A stock C4 ZR-1 will smoke any factory Vette ( or any factory car made ) before 1989. A stock base C5 will beat any stock ZR-1, except in top speed maybe.....A stock C6 will probably hang with a C5 ZO6 in a drag. Its called learning from previous Gens and making improvements. If it wasn't for the ZR-1 program, we would be having these debates. The Corvette performance wouldn't be know as it is now as world beating...
All I see is the crowd that forms around my Beast first, when I'm out cruising with other Vettes and not the 3 other ZO6s or the C7 Grand sports.......Is that what I think it is? Or holy **** I've never seen one....I bet it runs like a bat out of hell.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote