View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024   #14
WARP TEN

Default Re: A question for the longtime owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccrab View Post
I've owned my '90 ZR-1 for over 20 years now.
In that time I've put less than 9,000 miles on it.
Every time I drive it I risk serious jail time.
That being said, it's the funnest car I've ever owned.
I was raised in a car dealership, my dad ran a Toyota dealership in the 70's and the 80's.
My older brother and I got to pick and choose from all the cars that people traded in during the original OPEC oil crisis.
I've had the pleasure of owning nearly all the muscle cars you could think of.
Something would come into the lot, I'd say, Cool!!!, buy it, drive it for a while until the next would come in, I'd sell the first and move into the next.
Never had a Hemi though, always wanted one but never had the opportunity (nor the cash, but that's another story).

Both of my boys have asked who gets the ZR-1 when I'm gone.

I've told both of them they'd have to pry the keys out of my cold stiff fingers.

I'm pretty sure they understand.
;-)

'Crabs
Cars have come and gone through my life. I am like you Crabs-I have had a lot of sports, antique and high performance cars, now down to just the Z06. I did have the opportunity to own a '68 Hemi Roadrunner, though, and I assure you it was indeed fun. Bought it used from a friend's cousin. Drove it from New York to LA and had it for two years there, but as a young kid just out of college, I naturally ran out of money and had wholesale it when I was down to just one six pack of beer in the fridge. But I will never forget being at a stoplight on Wilshire Blvd when a car load of teens pulled up with their noses pressed against the window and pointing at the word "HEMI" on the hood. Ran it at Lions Dragway and trapped a 13.5/105 on Firestone Wide Ovals. A real blast. I miss my ZR-1s as much as the Hemi.--Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PlymouthHemiRoadRunner1968 (4).jpg (65.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg PlymouthHemiRoadRunner1968 (2).jpg (65.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg PlymouthHemiRoadRunner1968 (1).jpg (92.1 KB, 23 views)
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 03-08-2024 at 07:55 AM.
WARP TEN is online now   Reply With Quote