View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015   #6
edram454

Default Re: Point/Counterpoint: DOHC v OHV

Having sold my supercharged c5 ls motored car, I dont miss it at all. It made more power than my z will ever make but it was just another cookie cutter corvette at a car show. a dime a dozen. as for as the ls7 z06 is not bullet proof. I have seen a few of these cars throw rods and lose oil pressure in recent weeks. there is one sitting at SGC right now without oil pressure. It seems like its not such a surprise for those who know about them. The ls2 and ls3 are not impressive to me. Im not even impressed with the lt4 in the new z06. It is not a hard charger and if it wasnt for the state of the art suspension and aerodynamics and brakes and light weight, that car would have its butt kicked by other comparable hi end muscle cars like the dodges, fords, etc.. Owning a piece of history and feeling the hard charging acceleration of the LT5 is a joy to behold. It may not be the King but it still holds its own especially in the open road. The ZR-1 is not a drag car, road racer, it is a GT. A car that can do well in all types of racing but excels in high speed runs with endurance in mind.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote