View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012   #10
scottfab

Default Re: Please help with alternator whine in speakers and popping noise when powering on/

Quote:
Originally Posted by aod View Post
I just got off the phone with Metra and they don't really have any wiring diagrams to give out but he was willing to go over the pinouts with me. Not having the harness in front of me, that wouldn't have done much good. He did say that there are no electronics in that harness and the harness is cables only. He said the popping is common when trying to integrate with Bose systems and ground loop isolators should get rid of the popping. He said he has not run into an instance of alternator whine and so there actually might be a problem with the head unit or the harness. They have not arrived yet, hopefully they will arrive today so I have the weekend to work on it. I'll update here when I find out if it is the head unit or harness causing the noise.

Thanks again for the ideas and help!

Sure sounds like a fly-by-night operation. If the new setup does the same thing as the old and you still want to proceed, you're going to have to design the thing yourself. This means more than just isolating the differential drive circuit but possibly isolating some grounds too. The other alternative I've heard others do is dump the Bose and go with a whole new system. It's sure on my list of possible improvements. I just hate having to mess with stock dash looks.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote