Thread: ZR-1 Value
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013   #8
LancePearson

Default Re: ZR-1 Value

Paul, that is funny. I am guilty as a 76 owner of a c3 of doing the same thing...but the image of this guy with the wicked looking Black ZR-1 with his blonde girlfriend (she was very 'up front' and distracting) and that hood up with an obviously different engine. He is a sort of less refined guy but one day I sauntered over and asked him how much horsepower he had and he answered it as "375" and I wasn't sure he knew what he was talking about. However, I had enough sense when I got serious about adding another Corvette to research it and compared to a C5 which started out as my target for Vette #2, there was no contest. His presence at the local shows made an impression on me. These cars just are the bridge to the future that still is.....

Two days ago before the holiday weekend and state police push to write Labor Day weekend tickets in a move towards both safety and state revenue I was in it for a ride on the long on ramp to I295...going a sedate 37 mph in second a car whizzed by me on the Interstate at about 75 or so in the 70 mph limit zone going up onto the Varina Enon bridge. The look on his face as I whizzed by him was also priceless...then after a brief run into three digits I slowed down to 71 and crossed the bridge and headed for the Battle of Malvern Hill in 1862 site and a few quiet minutes wondering about the Civil War's insane loss of men...8,000 in 12 hours on that one country farm field alone in canon and small arms battle. The police never sit on that particular on ramp or the bridge so it's relatively observant free from radar for short bursts like that. It is so effortless it's amazing.
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote