View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018   #22
G-Sting

Default Re: Yokosuka Naval Base Friendship Day Car Show 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Thanks G! I’m still trying to wrap up my DeWitts radiator upgrade. It took longer for me to find the wrench I dropped than to do the radiator R/R. Our cars sure do have some good hiding places when you drop stuff. I can’t wait to try out different mounting locations and scenes.

At least you have nice, open roads in your neighborhood; wait till you see some of my videos. Ha, ha and funny story. We probably all have crazy burnout stories and upset neighbors from our younger days.

The video was on you tube at one time, but not now and I only have them on DVD. Nothing special and training day so not allow to go WOT. I did find that the stock Z does not having enough brakes and power to last all day on a track like Laguna Seca.

Thanks again and take care.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I hope your DeWitts radiator upgrade is progressing. Oh, yes, I've dropped a few tools and parts down into the dark recesses of engines in my day, too. Not the ZR-1, though... yet.

It sounds like the Leguna Seca track was at least good experience... and lessons learned about the Z.

I'm just itching for a break in this hot/humid weather to try taking some Z GoPro videos. Fall is right around the corner here, and some of the most beautiful colors are to be enjoyed. If and when I do, I'll try to post them up.

Took the Z to another Cars & Coffee last weekend. A very nice variety of cars there. The Z got decent attention. I also enjoyed talking with other owners - a 'raised' Miata racer, a guy in his mid-80s with a 2017 Challenger, a VW club, a '58 C-1 owner, '83 911, C-7 GS, '95 Toyota Supra, and more. It was the first time I'd heard of a 'raised' Miata - the young guy was going to race it off-road in September - sounds like a blast. The C-1 gentleman restored his car from the ground up - looked very nice. Those Supras were impressive for their day, and in ways still are. The VW group is definitely more light-hearted and fun-loving than most. Anyway, lots and lots of other cars of all types, including exotics. A great morning.

All the best,
G
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote