View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014   #9
Dynomite

Default 4.10 gears...Are NOT for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
"18% more torque to the rear wheels at all engine RPM", according to Marc.

Just my 2 cents.
That is a correct statement by Marc. At any specific engine rpm when compared to before and after differential gear change your wheel rpm has gone down and your wheel Torque has gone up (Same wheel Horsepower after drive train losses). This compares to the same engine horsepower output at any given engine RPM (flywheel horsepower) before and after differential gear change.

Now the reason you might not "feel it" is because you have altered your shift points when comparing before and after shift points at specific vehicle speeds. You now have a useful 4th, 5th and 6th gear. When before you could top out the quarter mile in 3rd gear.

Oh...and I can spin my tires in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears

See Tech Info - LT5 Horsepower and Torque Calculations

I happen to like stock rear end ratios as I can get that 28mpg cruising in sixth at 70 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Killshot you will feel more of a difference installing a Fidanza flywheel than gears. A light weight flywheel doesn't ad hp either but less rotating mass on the crank is very noticeable. RPM's rise very quickly.
See rotating mass discussion and effects on Horsepower Tech Info - L98 Frisbee Horsepower

Hi rhipsher

Last edited by Dynomite; 05-18-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote