View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016   #4
XfireZ51

Default Re: Another oil change completed......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Sounds good Ed, it was from some threads here on the forum that I decided to use the High Mileage 10W-40 version of Mobil 1. I am real happy with my decision as mentioned above, especially with the absence of the chain rattle noise.
So what type of engine work did you have performed? Was it some type of maintenance issue or did you have something done to increase the performance?
BTW, I have used Mobil 1 for many, many years in 99% of my vehicles without any complications whatsoever...I like their products.
Although I will admit that our '03 Pontiac Vibe which now has 162,000 miles plus has never used anything but conventional oil all of its life. Still runs great and hardly uses any oil.......
Roadster,

I just my 2003 Vibe GT 6 speed w 200k on the clock. Oil changes every 4K miles and still didn't use oil. What a great little DD it was w lots of room. NEVER had it in for ANY warranty work except for the airbags. 30mpg at 75mph.

I use 15W-40 CASTROL GTX Diesel on my LT-5. I like the thicker oil. Has sufficient zinc in it also.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote