View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017   #13
Hib Halverson

Default Re: Engine Sound C7 ZR1

I spent a lot of time watching/listening to that footage. Couple things I noted...

1) There is littlie doubt in my mind the engine is supercharged because you can hear the blower whine and those two big air intakes at each side of the front fascia are likely bigger charge air coolers.

2) I heard no "pop-off" valve or wast gate but I did here the typical "drop-throttle cackle" one often hears from C6/C7s with bypass exhausts when you lift at high rpm.

3) The car is loud. in fact, it sounds just like my '12 Z06. I uses a stock exhaust system, but with a backdated, 2-cat mid-section off an '11 to replace the stock, 4-cat mid-section which came on a '12. That coupled with the lower-restriction '12/'13 mufflers makes the car louder when the bypasses are open and makes the cackle louder, too.

4) Sounds like the engine in that car has a somewhat higher rev-limit which doesn't surprise me because they may need to turn the engine faster to gain some power. I'm going to bet that "LT4+" has stuff like an upgraded rotating assembly, Cadillac racing valve lifters, upgraded valve train and etc.

Let me know what you think.
current owner 19 VIN 1878

Last edited by Hib Halverson; 06-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Hib Halverson is offline   Reply With Quote