View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024   #3
Will69camaro

Default Re: New Member, New Owner, Existing Car - 1992 ZR-1

Moving on from there, it was an uneventful few days in Ruidoso seeing family (Friday-Monday). Nice to have a reprieve from the driving, at this point I was just over 29 hours of driving in 3 days (Day 1 - 16hrs; Day 2 - 7hrs, Day 3 - 6.5hrs) not including the White Sands detour.

Said my farewells and started the last day of driving from Ruidoso back to Houston. Much to my surprise leaving...Snow....It wasn't expected in the forecast, just cold weather, but I was greeted with 3-4in of fresh snow upon opening the door to leave at 6AM.

Not a huge deal, but going down their mountain was a bit tricky heading down. Little bit of sliding but overall not too bad, and ZERO traffic on the road it dumped me out on so sliding through was as safe as it could have been.

It was slow travel to start for the first 2 hours until i got out of the mountains a bit and into the flats of the Texas Panhandle area. I did manage to carry a bit of snow to the Texas border, but only a little.

I got home about 10hrs later, and final tally for the trip was 40hrs 26minutes and 2,632 miles traveled. Mileage wasn't too bad consider some mountain towing in there, and I had cruise set religiously 5over, so 85 across west Texas and about 75-80 everywhere else the weather allowed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snowed In.jpg (74.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Snow ZR1.jpg (126.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Mileage.jpg (85.7 KB, 40 views)
Will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote