View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024   #18
zyal8r

Default Re: A question for the longtime owners.

Hi Jeff - I've been around CF for 25 years (with my LT4 for 23 of those years) and although I only started posting here when I bought my ZR-1 in August, 2021, I guess I have some longevity with these cars. I won't sell my LT4 and I will not sell my ZR-1. I know I would absolutely regret it.

My dad traded cars frequently, and honestly I lost track of how many, but I recall most of his cars, including 14 Corvettes. There were always some special ones he wished he had back... including his '68 Charger R/T (who doesn't), a couple of the Corvettes, Street Hemi, to name a few. I swore I would never say "I wish I hadn't sold that one," within reason. I miss my '95 Z28 and my '98 5.9 Grand Cherokee, but I had to make some choices with each of those. My LT4 and ZR-1 are extremely special to me for a variety of reasons.

Only you know how important your car is to you. A lot of people say "it's just a car," but I attach memories to them. I took my dad with me to buy my LT4, that was truly special. We talked about ZR-1s for many years and he never got one. Mine was partially for that reason, and partially something I'd wanted since the early '90s before I could drive. Both were an honest goal stemming from that special poster of the yellow '72 Corvette I had on my desk ever since I could remember.

Not sure this helps, but, I'd say, go to great lengths to keep it if it brings you joy.

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote