Thread: Back in Black
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018   #10
G-Sting

Default Re: Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
I have been looking for a camera and probably will go with GoPro for the adventures. I hear you and understand about the fellowship and brotherhood. Probably the main reason why I still have a ZR-1 and wanted to give up a few times. The folks I have met here and in person at the Gatherings is the reason.

That is so cool that you still have contact with a childhood friend. I hope you and make that meeting. You will surely enjoy Japan.

Thanks for sharing the video. I really enjoyed it and loved Theo!!! What a cool dog. Take care and Aloha! Craig
Thanks for the good words, Craig. Glad also you liked the video and, of course, Theo. He's a pleasant little guy. Part of the family, for sure. ... and yes, I've got to make seeing my friend in Japan happen.

The video was done with a GoPro Hero II, but one can get so much more definition with the latest GoPros. I bought a Hero 6 Black a few weeks ago and the features are so much better. It also syncs up via wireless and bluetooth to my iPhone (or any modern cell phone) - one can turn it on/off and see exactly what is being videoed while driving though the App on the phone. I tried mounting it on the front of the roof, but seem to like the left side behind the grill a little better.

I have not figured out how to get good exhaust sound and not wind noise on the GoPro only, except to mount a separate, old iPhone on the rear of the Z out of the wind. I use the Voice Memo feature to record the exhaust (as I did in the Theo Vette video). Using iMovie to edit the results - as long as I record the starting of the car - it's easy to identify the peak where the sound of the video captured the start and where the peak of the Voice Memo recording captured it. Turn down or off the video sound and walla - you have video with the beautiful music of the LT5 aluminum guitar playing in the background.

A screen shot of the Spring drive around the neighborhood for a test is attached.

Aloha!
G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg '94 ZR-1 Grill Shot A.jpg (114.9 KB, 39 views)
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton

Last edited by G-Sting; 04-29-2018 at 02:40 PM.
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote