View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022   #1
1991 Corvette ZR-1

Default Who is running dry shot nitrous? Curious about it

I wanted to see about those running dry shots what your set up looked like, where you mounted your solenoid and your line routing. This is not a definite for me, just in the research / curiosity stage but let?s say I am staring at a pile of nitrous parts and wondering about another project.

What I have:

10lb Zex bottle with pressure gauge
lines
nitrous filter
solenoids
pills
evacuation tube and hose to outside of vehicle
Mini switch panel for arm, heater, opener and purge from C7
wiring and relays

Off the top of my head what I would still need:
Fogger nozzle not sure which brand, I guess Zex
bottle opener - Zex brand? not needed but I have a switch
WOT switch - brand unsure
Window switch - brand unsure

With this small of a dry shot, would a heater even be necessary? If so, what is a good safety switch to pair with it to prevent overheating? Also, where is the best nozzle placement? The factory accordion duct would have to be replaced for this. Post pics if you have them of your set up, I wouldn?t mind learning a thing or two. My secondaries are eliminated but throttle shafts are still in place and held in open position with brackets.

We all know about the now way defunct NOS kit custom made for ZR-1s, I guess it would be nice to piece a kit together of decent parts that replicates the built in safety of that old kit. 50 shot was the target?maybe 75 max and I am done if I go through with it.

Ported top end, stock heads minus secondaries, headers, exhaust, aluminum flywheel and 3.90 gears are what I have.

Last edited by 1991 Corvette ZR-1; 06-14-2022 at 12:43 PM.
1991 Corvette ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote