View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013   #10
LancePearson

Default Re: Delco Bose AUX Input soldered connection...

you have to have a sense of humor about all this. I like my Bose because it is still original and it works for me now that the amp is replaced which was failing. More than adequate sound for the times I listen and function. I don't need a balance control when it's all within 30 inches of my ears, etc. so I'm happy but....

I do have a serious audiophile friend who has his own sound meter, is discerning in ways about amps and speakers I can't even comprehend and here's what he and his serious audiophile buddies say about Bose in general: "If there are no highs and no lows, it must be Bose!" I Pass it along as humor. For me who uses the car with the Targa top in the back mostly, any serious speed means I turn the radio off anyway so it works fine and plays cd's. If I had a wish it would be to add not an ipod port as Shrade has done but a usb link which I know can be done but then I'd have to pull the cdm unit out and send it away. Way, way too much bother for me.

Have a laugh...if there are no highs, if there are no lows, it must be Bose! Actually Delco made the radio head and Bose the cdm and speaker/amps.
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote