View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014   #152
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: 4.10 gears...not what I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
So, I just got my car back from Corey who installed 3.90's and I kind of see what you're talking about. I expected this hair on fire experience of having trouble keeping the front wheels on the ground and that's not what happened. However, after a week of driving it and breaking them in now I absolutely love them. It almost felt like the car was slower at first because I was carrying more speed into the 2nd and 3rd shift points and it was noticeable. I got there quicker but I wasn't going as fast. The real beauty of these things though is hitting 3rd gear. That, too me, is where you make up anything you feel you may have lost because this thing hauls the mail now in 3rd and 4th gear. The RPM's are staying right in the meat of the curve and it never ever lets up.

I'm wondering if your impression has changed any now that you've had it a month or so? Mine certainly did.
Hey David,

Yes, I definitely like them better than I did at first. It sounds like we had similar experiences relative to inflated expectations. Once I came to grips with the fact that I had simply expected too much, I began evaluating the mod more objectively. The car moves away from a stop easier and feels more "drivable" in almost all circumstances. I'm happy with them now. Glad you are too!
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote