View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014   #159
WVZR-1

Default Re: 4.10 gears...not what I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Paul,

Just to clarify, I'd consider 3.90's due to the 19" wheels. That would get me to a real world ~3.73. A 4.10 gets me to 3.90s. Having a 3.73 would be a nice compromise gear but its nothing compelling. Not sure it would even be that noticeable. When I had the stock 3.45s, my real gear was about a 3.30.
You constantly try to mess with the conversation. Your REAL GEAR is what ever the numerical numbers (ring gear/pinion) dictate. Your tire diameters alter your 'final drive' but you constantly fail to mention that. You mention 'real world' - real world is same as 'real gear' - it's the mathematical numbers of the gear set.

19" wheels don't have anything to do with ratio's either and you constantly mention that. There is absolutely no truth to the conversation of yours that I just quoted.

If you want to discuss final drive ratio mention the tire specifications, rear gear and people can maybe relate better.

You might try referring to the tire dimension change as effective ratio and mention the tire dimensions (real measured vs. advertised) and it could more easily be understood. I don't recall you mentioning the tire size but maybe just once, that's the real relevance for comparisons 15", 16" 17" or 20" wheels have no effect on any of it. It's the 'outer circle'.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 08-02-2014 at 11:36 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote