View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011   #27
SteelBlueZR1

Default Re: Corvettes at Carlisle was a great success

Thanks David and Jim for a phenomenal Corvette's at Carlisle experience! You guys did an amazing job on the ZR1 display and activities, and I only wish Sunday was not a wash out.
I had so much positive feedback from Corvette lovers about the ZR1's on display it made me proud to be a lucky owner of one... While moving my 1991 ZR1 to allow another vehicle to be shipped out, I was greeted by Gordon Killebrew and David McLellan, who went over my car with me and shared some really cool insights and history.
Then, to my utter suprise, Gordon handed me a Celebrity choice certificate at the same moment my wife won the ZR1 Net Registry raffle drawing for the Extreme Detail... Wow! what a great day.
On Sunday at 1pm we returned to the fairgrounds for the award ceremony, to find the ZR1 tent had collapsed and only a few stragglers remained, but somehow we found Lance Miller (what a nice fella), the co-owner of Covette's at Carlisle, and got our trophy... 27mpg on the way home, all in all a great weekend.
I can't wait till next year!
Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelBlueZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote