View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018   #18
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Yokosuka Naval Base Friendship Day Car Show 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
Hi Craig,

Great - I am hopeful that it'll all work well for you. I am still playing with it all, too. Be sure to clean the area with a spray bottle of something before you mount. The suction cup on that mount, I think, sticks like a rock.

I may post a short YouTube video of driving with the side mount setup in the neighborhood, but it's a pretty mellow drive... because it's a neighborhood! Which reminds me of a funny story a friend told me once...

He grew up in SoCal near Vandenburg AFB and one of the many things he did was get into cars. I think it was an old Mercedes in which he modified for more HPs. One day he and his friend determined that he would need new rear tires real soon. So what did they do with the old tires before they got new ones - those wet-behind-the-ears 17 years olds?

They - on a street in a neighborhood - did a stationary burn out. Continuously and in the same spot!

As he told it, "We were generating smoke like crazy, and making a whole lot of noise. It was great! ... until a lady came out of her house with a baseball bat!" "So we figured it was time to leave." lol "When we drove away, the street was on fire where we burned the rubber."

Anyway, I've done a few dumb things myself, but after living in a neighborhood, raising kids, I can now relate to the lady with the baseball bat. Thus, the mellow drive in the neighborhood! ...Other places more prudent, let her rip!

Hey, is that video of your Z at Laguna Seca posted somewhere? Love to see it if you have.

Aloha!

G

Thanks G! I’m still trying to wrap up my DeWitts radiator upgrade. It took longer for me to find the wrench I dropped than to do the radiator R/R. Our cars sure do have some good hiding places when you drop stuff. I can’t wait to try out different mounting locations and scenes.

At least you have nice, open roads in your neighborhood; wait till you see some of my videos. Ha, ha and funny story. We probably all have crazy burnout stories and upset neighbors from our younger days.

The video was on you tube at one time, but not now and I only have them on DVD. Nothing special and training day so not allow to go WOT. I did find that the stock Z does not having enough brakes and power to last all day on a track like Laguna Seca.

Thanks again and take care.

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote