Thread: Frankenplenum
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015   #83
rkreigh

Default Re: Frankenplenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMYRC51 View Post
So I see that somebody mentioned a 3D printer. I don't know that much about them but is that, or maybe in the near future, a possibility? I was thinking more for a weight savings and possibly straightening out lines etc? Any thoughts?

the 3d printing with the right materials is what makes a cross ram style manifold even more appealing.

or fab up some short oval "adaptors" and buy the obx

it would be much better to "print" the adaptor as you could get exactly the shape and port contour you want to transition from the round throttle body to the lt5 head shape what would really be cool is to retain that shape like the "mono runner" modified manifolds and use an oval throttle body for EACH of the runners

for now the obx with a custom fabbed "base" would work if you are willing to go with a Toledo pro hood for clearance

I believe the throttle response would be glorious but hard to control

with the little tiny primary on the LT5 I've always felt like the engine would benefit from having that hole ported too and I really like the "goggle valve" secondary as it seems it would reduce a lot of turbulence and promote better intake filling

anyone handy with a 3d printer? I might mock it up with balsa blocks to get the shape

as soon as I saw that OBX cross ram pictured in the early thread the gears started turning.

don't know if I'll make it to BG or not, just got a new job, but I hope to.

let me know if there are any last minute rooms!
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote