View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015   #133
cvette98pacecar

Default Re: Which brand of street tires are you running on

The Toyo RA-1 were a great wet or dry tire. The only problem is Toyo changed the design to a R888 which is a better dry tire than wet tire.
The Nitto NT555 and NT555R are good dry tires and so so wet tires
The NT05 are great wet tires, they suck when they get hot.
The Michelin are good dry and wet tires but are extremely soft. So, Say goodbye to a tire and wheel if you ever hit anything in the road.
Goodyear are great if you want to change your tires every four years. The rubber gets hard and they are junk at that point.

Jep, did the smartest thing that I ever saw. When I ordered his tires he bought Nitto NT555R for the front and the back. His though process was the tires would be hard before he needed to changed them. If he got caught in the rain he would have to drive slow anyway because the back had 555R on it.

So to answer you question I have Toyo RA-1 ready for the LPE when she is done, Michelin SS on the Callaway Aerobody, Nitto NT05 on the Ruby, Michelin SS Run Flat ready for the Shinoda, Goodyear Supercar F1 EMT on the 95, 98 pace car, Michelin SS RF on the 03 pace car and BF Goodrich TA on the 98.
So, to really answer your question is I buy what is on sale as the tires will be hard well before they are worn.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car

Last edited by cvette98pacecar; 01-19-2015 at 01:31 PM.
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote