View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015   #129
tomtom72

Default Re: Which brand of street tires are you running on

Hi 8cam, I read your first post about your Nitto experience with great interest as I was considering them as an alternative to the pricier PS series & the G/Yr D3 tires.

May I ask which Nittos you are using? Your review sounds as if you have the NT05 series? I have a few C5 buddies that use the Invo and they seem to have no complaints on the Invos in the wet.....but then everybody has different expectations as to what a wet tire should perform like. That's why I just bite the bullet and fork over the cash for the D3's...and I don't drag race so that's not an issue for me.

To be sure, with the D3's ambient temp. road temp & tire age is for sure a factor. I'm on my third set of D3's and I can tell you if they get to 5 yrs old they are about done, and they ain't kidding about that 40* thing either & tread temp too. However, in defense of G/Yr, I have to say they are upfront at their web site when they tell you all of those negatives so you can decide if you want to play at their price level. Oh, and they will wake up the dead in the dry!! LOL The most difficult thing I've found about buying tires is trying to time my purchase when I know I will get a fresh set. Not some set that has been sitting in a warehouse for 3 yrs.

Tom
P.S. I feel for ya! There ain't nothing worse than a set of tires that under perform your expectations.....cash is cash and it stings!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote