View Single Post
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
tiegsd

Default Re: Is there a $F0 source/assembly file anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp508 View Post
Thank you but not quite. The XDF files are what tell a program like TunerPro how to interpret a BIN's values, so you can edit them. The ADS files are for interpreting the ALDL stream of data while logging.

The stuff I'm looking for would be the original assembly program GM used for the ECM itself, sort of like the file I attached for 32B in the first post. Those can be read to determine the address locations of other switches, scalers, and tables that may not already in in the XDF or just to better understand how they interact with each other.

It's a little nerdy to want to read them, but it's the kind of thing I enjoy combing through and building a few more wrinkles in my brain.

Rgr, thanks. Not familiar with TunerPro, so wasn't really sure what I was looking at. I dig that kind of stuff myself though, wanted to dig into it a bit. Not familiar with how GM did its software engineering back in the day, but I imagine they did not provide assembly source for their ECMs to just anyone who asked for it. Interesting reverse engineering problem.
1990 Black/Black ZR-1 #1155
1993 White/Red coupe (Regrettably sold)

tiegsd is offline   Reply With Quote