View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014   #13
Schrade

Default Re: Questions/Help on buying a ZR1

Welcome onto the boards there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bonez View Post
I am flying out to look at this 1992 zr1 with 42,000 miles. It has a chip and a tune, and a catback exhaust. "The car was completely stripped down and repainted with all new weatherstripping in 2010. The engine got all new gaskets and hoses and was painted along with the car. The work was done at Vettestorations in Southfield Mi." Everything else should be stock. I owned a 1994 LT1 and when I bought it the Adjustable suspension electronics were disconnected by the ABS computer under the rear compartment. So I plan on checking that. What else should I be looking for to make sure everything is in running order? I have a 600 mile drive home if I purchase this car and want to make sure I am not buying someone else's problems. I've waited my entire life to finally afford this ZR1 and I don't want my Dream Car to blind me of issues it may have. What advice can you ZR1 owners give me on what to test/ look for ? before handing this owner a ton of cash.
Any paperwork showing this wrenching? Might be no warranty, but you KNOW what was done. And was it sold shortly thereafter, because the problem didn't 'go away', with the work?

Read these boards for a few weeks, and see the things that go wrong after 20 years, and that need work, to know what to look for, even for low mileage cars.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote