View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016   #24
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Prices and Valuation

My mistake. You're looking at two sales vehicles instead one. You're looking at auctions and eBay. Probably the two worst sources for setting a market that exist. One is dependent on 2 people being present that want the vehicle in order to drive the price up which you then can't use as a market setter and the other pulls about 2% of the buying market. First of all, if I was in the market for my first ZR-1 I would NEVER go to eBay. The reason my buddy gets those prices is he's a respected known quantity that can be trusted not to sell junk, they need nothing when you pick them up and they are well documented. Exactly what you want when buying a car like this. Would I pay his price? Probably not. But I'm a current owner. I don't need those assurances. I have resources for parts and repairs, I know what to look for and I don't really want to pay for his overhead. But for a first purchase that's where I'd go 100 times before I went to BJ, eBay or CL. Another good source is right here on The Registry. Most likely the car will be well known and it may have even changes between members hands. I bought mine here 3 years ago and paid $24k for a low production '94 AB. Seller and car were well known on the boards. I'm not saying you can't use those 2 sources. They are sources after all. Just be careful with how much weight you give them.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote