View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016   #27
spork2367

Default Re: Prices and Valuation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
My point is most people in the market for this car will not go to eBay. And they're scared to death of auctions. Your pool of sales (or non-sales) is too small if you're trying to determine what the market is if your just going to use auctions and eBay. My point is proven by the fact that my buddy is selling them WELL over what the same car IS NOT selling for on eBay or at auction. Can't argue with facts. You can't set a market off of just BJ and eBay. It just doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I completely disagree. The overwhelming majority of ZR1 sales are private party and auctions (including eBay). Dealer sale are by far the minority and also have the highest premiums. I think that's possibly the least accurate gauge.

Let's face it, if I'm looking for a good deal, rarely is any dealership the place to get it. The dealership is for people who have plenty of money and don't want to do the legwork themselves. Why would I pay 35-50% more to have a dealer tell me the car is okay when I could look at it myself of even pay someone knowledgeable to come along and look for far less. I bet someone not comfortable looking the car over themself could fly Marc out to look at a car for less than the premium a dealer commands.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote