Thread: Corvette Museum
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #251
Schrade

Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
There should be no need for multiple "ping"s. A few pings is all that is needed to be registered in the "arp" cache in each server/router along the path. Once in the arp cashe(table) it does indeed "lubricate" the flow in that the DNS lookup for the target no longer needs to be looked up. A better way is a trace route (tracert) command since on most servers the info is kept longer (timeout for data).
There are various incantations of this but the simplest is:
tracert corvettemuseum.org
Then sit back and watch the path your network request takes through all them there pieces of hardware.

Another little secret is to do multiple browser requests for the address. That is if you notice a delay in getting to you target address simply resubmit the address OR "refresh" the page request. It's like punching a hole through a clogged sewer line with a snake
Doesn't mater what browser, what OS, what hardware or what day of the week it is. This works.
You're a little over my head there Scott...

But it seems that once you HAVE the datapath to corvettemuseum.org domain established in ONE browser page, do you HAVE TO establish it again, with more browser pages to the site? Won't that 'clog' your OWN hardware - again, IF you already have the datapath established???

And even if you do NOT, isn't the syn-ack the first order?

Anyway, they did WELL dropping the '93 rubber down. Well done guys!

Wonder why they didn't drop it on to a dolly?

Anyone know where they drove the Z to? None of the other cams showed a truck outside the museum, and none showed the Z outside... Is it inside the museum elsewhere???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Ok guys I'm gonna really sound like a dumb here - but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about
No idea what Linux or Unix is. I run Vista on a 5 yr old HP laptop. What is a "command line interface"? Or a "tracert"? Now the "multiple browser request" deal I can figure that out. Just keep hittin "refresh" on the webcam page correct?
ed.:
I'm not sure if Scott was agreeing with me there racinfan, but either way, to get a command line in Windows, click Start, then 'Run, and in the dialogue box, type cmd.exe. That give a Command Line Interface. Type ping corvettemuseum.exe. Your computer will send a rudimentary signal to corvettemuseum.org. Kind of like saying 'Hello'? Are you there? "Keep Talking To Me here".

Linux is a free operating system. Better than Windows is EVERY WAY. You can try it without changing your own PC. Download it [Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Long Term Support) ], burn a CD, and re-boot up from CD.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 03-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote