View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017   #17
rkreigh

Default Re: ZR-1 Get Togethers dyno day in march planning

Dyno day and cook out at Demps coming in April, but lets do a few BEFORE then. If we can muster enough folks, we can rent the dyno for a day and get some wide band traces and even data stream recording during the dyno pulls for follow up tuning sessions.

This is a great way to make sure your ZR-1 "really does that" and is running the way it should.

The dyno "tells the truth" about what the car is putting down and what could be better than a safe day gnawing a dead animal, hoisting a few beverages and listening to the Beast at WOT.

Let's see what folks are out there.

I can think of a few recent Wazoo builds that might need a tune, and I have some "exotic junk" that I need to baseline to humble myself and start the tuning process (*old chevy 350s just ain't an LT5 8)

I even will dyno the little "pie in the sky" redline to see what it will do and add some of Demps handywork (ported head, big valves, e85, turbo, exh, ext) to show how a little 4 pot can hold together and boost a muv.

The kit cars are a hoot, and like will pull a savage 200+ at the tire, but with a bit of TLC I hope to get closer to 300.

The little sky will start out at around 200 at the tire, but very quickly bump to 320, and later to 450 at the tire which should make for a quickly fried slushbox (excuse for more beef).

Come on out! Like to organize something by mid march to get ready for the mountian runs and BG 2017

There is LOTS new happening in the LT5 world and 2017 proves to be an exciting time for new developments and more affordable HP than ever.

Thanks Demps for going "all in".

Please post up if you are interested. Also need volunteers to help me "herd the hp" down to Demps place. Ya might get to drive something pretty cool
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote